Welcome to the Antioch Area Office!
Meet the Antioch Area Kindred Life Ministries group. We are friendly, funny, easy going, and loving. Mostly we are passionate about supporting each other and being the awesome moms and women God created us to be!
Join other teen moms and their children, each Tuesday during the school year from 6:00pm-8:00pm, as we grow together and work towards accomplishing our educational, emotional, and practical goals! Belonging to Kindred Life Antioch means you’ll have access to free services which can include counseling, financial support and life education!
Call or text Program Director Kathy Mitsuuchi at 847-338-8587 if you would like to learn about joining us. Let us help support you to finish school, navigate family and community resources and meet some other terrific moms!
Antioch Area News
Teen Mom Spotlight
Justine and her one year old daughter Ruby joined Kindred Life last fall. At our Ministry Appreciation dinner she shared “The first time I came to Kindred Life it was hard to connect with all the new mentors and young moms. I felt very awkward and uncomfortable. The next day I met with the Program Director and talked through my concerns and worries. I connected with her and decided to give Kindred Life another try.”
Not only did Justine, give us a try, she dove into our group and has grown because of her willingness to give us a chance and her dedicated involvement. Justine and her mentor Ann have built a relationship during time spent at Kindred Life, meals and laundry dates. She has met with the personal and financial counselor monthly, and developed relationships with the other moms. Ruby has even bonded with our child care provider Susan and loves going to the nursery on Tuesday nights!
Praise God Ruby’s father is very present and involved in her life as well as Justine’s! Robyn is also involved with the young dads Life Education Groups and counseling.
What’s Coming Up
- Our summer program kicked off June 6th
- TEAM THRIVE fundraiser – We will be walking in the Antioch Run for Freedom on July 4th
- We will fellowship at a splash park in August before starting our Fall Program on Sept 12th
There are lots of ways to get involved and volunteer one time at these special evets. Please contact [email protected] for details!
- Meal providers for the fall
- $10 Walmart gas cards to help get moms to our summer program
- Care team coordinator
- For great attendance and safety for summer
- For smooth transitions to our Alumni group for moms that graduated
- For moms and dads to build on their foundational relationships with their mentors
- For a smooth transition for two new mentors
- Praise for a successful Life Education year
- Praise for the ten families that attended our Antioch site this past year
Upcoming Events for our Antioch Office:
- Volunteer Informational Meeting – Monday, August 14th – 6:30-8:30pm @ Village Church of Gurnee
- Mentor Training Retreat – Saturday, September 9 @ The Chapel Mundelein
- Life Education Program Kickoff Week – Tuesday, September 12th
Blessings to you from the Antioch location of Kindred Life Ministries! I am Kathy Mitsuuchi and I have been privileged to be the Antioch Program Director here since January of 2006. Besides living for the glory of God, being a wife to my husband and mother to my three almost grown children, I can’t imagine doing anything else but serving the courageous young ladies in this wonderful ministry. Every life is a precious gift from God and I respect these young ladies for choosing life for their unplanned pregnancy. Teenagers are so optimistic and excited about how they can change the world for the better. That is the joy in serving teen moms!
Please contact me if I can help you in any way with questions or referrals to local resources. Likewise, if you are looking for a place to serve as a volunteer, please contact me at 847-338-8587 or [email protected]