Welcome to the Gurnee Area Office at Kindred Life Ministries!
Our Gurnee office loves to talk, laugh, craft and have fun together as teen moms work hard at their goals and grow alongside each other with the support of their mentors and program director. Many of our teen moms are working on furthering their education with an associate’s degree or certificate program while they explore and begin their chosen career. Join other teen moms and their children, each Thursday during the school year from 6:00pm-8:00pm, as we grow together.
Belonging to Kindred Life Gurnee means you’ll have access to free services which can include counseling, financial support, and life education! If you are interested in being a part of our group as a teen mom contact Program Director Erin via call or text @ 224-280-8285.
Gurnee Area News
Volunteer Spotlight –Zara Dittman
Kindred Life has been so blessed by volunteer Zara Dittman! As a Spanish teacher and Freshman Mentoring Coordinator at Adlai Stevenson High School in Lincolshire, she is drawn to serving young people in her community. Her passion for sharing the love of Jesus Christ is contagious and she is gifted in both leadership and communication. This summer, Zara jumped right in with both feet, fundraising for Team Thrive, then speaking at the Annual Mentor in-service in September and is now leading teen parents at all three Kindred Life offices in Goal Setting throughout the year! She plans to continue to be involved in a variety of capacities including being a teen care team member for high needs clients, a prayer warrior and childcare helper.
Our Kindred Life family is growing! The Gurnee site has been so blessed to have gained additional volunteers including childcare helpers, mentors for teen moms and dads, meal providers and life education speakers that are pouring God’s loving kindness, grace and truth into local teen families. Each week the teens are led in a discussion about how they can be “Rooted Deeply” in Christ and they are being challenged to consider specific places and people who can help nourish their roots. With ongoing professional counseling services available, child care assistance, mentorship and consistent emotional support, Gurnee teens and their families are growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- $10 Gift Cards to Walmart or Target (used as reward incentives)
- 5 study bibles for teen moms
- Bottled water
- Volunteers to join our team! (Childcare workers for Thursday evening meetings, Meal Providers, Mentors)
- Praising God for answering our prayers and bringing 11 new volunteers to the site for the fall!
- For teen mom Ms. C as she begins college courses while seeking permanent housing
- For teen mom Ms. J as she navigates a challenging situation with her work schedule
Upcoming Events for our Gurnee Office
- Teen Parent Retreat – Saturday, October 21 @ Camp Wonderland
- Fall Family Open House – Thursday, October 26- 6:30-8pm
- Donor Dessert – Thursday, October 26th- 6:30-8pm
- Swordgirl Conference – Friday, October 27th & Saturday, October 28th
- New Volunteer & Mentor Training – Monday, November 6th – 6:30-8:30pm @ The Chapel Mundelein
My name is Erin Ward and I am excited to serve Kindred Life as the Gurnee Program Director! As a mom of three boys, I understand first-hand the many joys and challenges parents face and just how crucial having a strong support system is. Kindred Life is a safe place where teen parents and their families can develop the necessary life skills and community while learning the never ending love and grace of God. If you are interested in joining our wonderful volunteer team, please contact me at (224) 280-8285 or [email protected]. We are currently seeking mentors, child care volunteers, meal providers, and community speakers for the 2017-2018 Program Year (Fall-Spring).