Professional Counselor (paid, 4-6 hours per week)
Provides counseling services to teen mothers and their families. Works closely with the Kindred Life Program Director and reports to the Kindred Life Supervising Therapist.
- Providing individual and group counseling/therapy services to teen mothers and their family/support persons
- Maintaining professional case notes
- Participating in peer supervision, training and staff meetings
Counseling and Program Interns (unpaid)
Bachelor’s and Master’s level counseling and social work internships available for in each of the Kindred Life Ministries’ three locations for teen mothers, teen fathers and extended family members. August 2017- May 2018 Internships will include one-on-one, family and group counseling and/or program service provision in a Christian environment.
- Providing services for 15-20 teen mothers, teen fathers and their families.
- Facilitating a monthly Life Education Group Night
- Attending Kindred Life Ministries’ training and staff meetings where appropriate
Supportive environment to learn and serve. Supervision provided by a licensed social worker. Kindred Life Ministry locations are easily accessible.
Development Intern (unpaid)
Development students and adults re-entering the workforce interested in fund-development.
1. Serving on fundraising event and program committees
2. Outreach to local organizations, community groups and businesses
3. Assistance with marketing projects and social media support
Technology Volunteer/Intern (unpaid)
Students or adults re-entering the workforce interested in providing tech support for the ministry’s database, computers and cloud collaboration tools
If interested, please contact Cheryl at [email protected] or 847-599-8135.
Please also visit our Volunteer Opportunities Page for more details on how you can serve a teen parent and his/her child. Thank you!