For Teen MOMS:
Kindred Life Ministries is concerned with helping teen parents reach their full potential.
Weekly group nights are served with a home-cooked meal, childcare and group support topics on Parenting, Independent Living and Personal Growth.
Each teen mother involved in Kindred Life Ministries is paired with a Mentor. This Mentor is a Christian wife and mother experiencing the joys and challenges of marriage and parenthood. Mentors seek to build a relationship and share life experiences through demonstrating biblical grace and truth.
Kindred Life Ministries offers teen mothers financial assistance in paying for their childcare while they are in school or work. This financial assistance is based upon the teen mother’s own financial situation.
Each teen mother involved with Kindred Life Ministries works with her Director along with her Mentor and her Counselor on setting and reaching goals in the following categories:
Goals are reviewed and managed regularly so that each teen mother has the opportunity to address her specific dreams and needs.
- Financial: each teen mother meets monthly with a volunteer financial counselor to assist her in learning new financial skills and managing her spending plan.
- Personal: each teen mother receives personal counseling on a weekly basis and is referred to professional Christian therapists when appropriate.
- Group – teen mother’s meet regularly for therapy in a safe and comfortable group setting led by our Professional Counselor.
Care Team volunteers meet the practical needs teen mothers and children may have like clothing, educational toys, or household items. Teen mothers complete a “Needs Checklist” each semester identifying these needs so that they obtain the basic necessities as their child grows and they move toward independence.
Kindred Life Ministries works with other local organizations and agencies to refer teen mothers when necessary.
- Life Education Groups
- Community Resource Referrals
- Quarterly Newsletters for Grandparents